The mission of the Security and Parking Operations
Department is to
- protect County property and assets,
- monitor and control access to County facilities
during business and non-business hours,
- preserve the safety and welfare of County employees
and the general public while on County property,
- provide security to the 4th Judicial District
- provide professional parking services at County
- ensure the efficient use of available parking
- We believe that quality low-profile,
proactive, professional protective services effect a safe work environment
for employees and an open atmosphere for public interaction.
- We feel that educating department personnel
and other County and State employees in matters of safety and security
enhances the ambiance of the work environment.
- We believe that providing public assistance
through positive contact and education favors our customers.
- We believe that the respect and confidence
of our customers is earned by our commitment to a high standard of training
and level of job performance.
- We actively strive to foster a climate
that encourages the values of diversity and tolerance and the dignified
treatment of all people.
- We value the citizen right to protest
without fear of unreasonable intervention.
- We respect and safeguard the dignity
and rights of all individuals.
- We believe that success is based on
quality service and that integrity is the foundation for excellence.
Excellence is our standard.
PASO COUNTY SECURITY OFFICER
- Minimum age 21 at time of employment.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. supplemented
by two years experience in law enforcement work. Comparable combinations
of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have completed or be able to complete
a recognized law enforcement training academy or the equivalent.
- Must be in excellent physical condition.
- Must be able to work overtime on short
- Must be willing to take a polygraph
examination if required to do so.
- Must be able to work with employees
and the public in a courteous but persuasive manner.
- Must be able to act quickly and decisively.
- Must have a knowledge of State and local
law enforcement techniques, equipment and procedures.
- Must have a valid Colorado drivers license.
- Must supply own handgun and related
equipment and be able to qualify with the handgun to department standards.
- Must have knowledge of common radio
- Must satisfactorily complete a battery
of behavior and psychological testing to include a polygraph examination.
- Must be able to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Conditional post job offer physical